2014年1月28日星期二

The Whale Rider

Date: 24th January 2014
Day: Friday
Time: 3:00-4:00pm
Class: Pomegranate
Theme: Underwater World
Teacher: Teacher Yeong

The Whale Rider

I wanted to introduce this movie Whale Rider to the children. The movie might be a little slow pace for the children to understand. Therefore, I think I shall only play the last part of the movie.

However, I found a short clip on youtube to show it to the children. It’s just a 7 minutes video clip. It’s about Pai, the girl in the movie, was talking to the whale and she managed to lead the whale back to the sea. Unfortunately, the video clip didn’t show what happened after Pai leaded the whale back to the sea.



Children: What happen to the girl?
Teacher: I’m not sure. What do you think?
Kern Ee: The girl die.
Teacher: She die?
Kern Ee: Yes, cannot breathe.
Teacher: Just like the whale. They can’t stay too long in the water.


The children were interested to know the ending of the story. Yet, there were some of them wanted to watch from the beginning. I’m not sure if the children would enjoy it but I shall just play the movie next week and see. 

没有评论:

发表评论