2013年1月22日星期二

Fun with origami - part IV


Date: 22nd January 2013
Day: Tuesday
Time: 4:30 - 5:30pm
Teacher: Teacher Yeong
Class: Pomegranate

Fun with origami – Part IV
I returned the pig origami to each of the children and get them to paste it on the worksheet that I had prepared for them. They need to write the word “pig” on the blanks given which it is a nursery rhyme – “This little pig went to market”

The nursery rhyme goes like this:

This little pig went to market
This little pig stayed at home
This little pig had roast beef
This little pig had none
This little pig said wee, wee, wee
And ran all the way back home

We recited the nursery rhyme for 3 times before we moved on to the next activities.

Biscuits/Cookies
As the Chinese New Year is around the corner, I believe that parents had already started to buy cookies or biscuits to celebrate this wonderful event. So I used this chance to ask the children which type of cookies do they like.

Phoeon: Peanut cookies
Bee Chien: Chocolate cookies
Wei Lok: Strawberries cookies
Yi Han: kosong cookies (I did ask her again whether she means butter cookies, she said “no, kosong cookies”, so I let it be)
Yu Xi: Pineapple cookies
Derek: Blueberries cookies
Kern Ee: I have mango, papaya at home.
Teacher: Kern Ee, we are discussing about cookies. But those are fruits.
(Yet, Kern Ee still continue to give examples of food instead of cookies’ name)

Coincidently that I have some strawberry cookies in hand, I brought it in to show it to the children. They are very eager to try it. So I set a rule that they have to ask in a polite way then only they can have it. They have to say, “Please can I have one?” So the children enjoyed the cookies except for Yu Xi, Yu Xin, Jia Jia & Wei Ni as some of them were sick and some of them can’t take eggs. So the homework for the children is to find out what’s the name of their favourite cookies or biscuits for Chinese New Year.

没有评论:

发表评论