2015年9月16日星期三

3 Forms of Water

Date: 9th September 2015
Day: Wednesday
Time: 4:00-5:00pm
Class: Pomegranate
Theme: Water is so FUN!
Teacher: Ms Yeong

3 Forms of Water

Today, we started off by observing the solid form of the water. Each of them hold a piece of ice cube in their hand. At first they were quite excited about it, yet, after a while, they started to complain that it was too cold to be hold. Therefore, I get them to put it all into the pot that I have prepared.

With all the ice cube in the pot, I heated it up on the portable stove. The children observed the changes of the temperature in it. It took it a while for the water to get boil. With such opportunity, I introduced the freezing point and boiling point to them.

After a while, the water started to boil, I opened the lid a little for the children to look at the vapour that comes out of it. With this, I also can blend in the experiment of the water cycle.

I let the water to continue boiling for another few seconds before switching off the stove. Then, we started a for awhile before I opened the lid again. Immediately, the children could see the dripping of the water drops from the lid which looked like rain. The children were amazed to know this.

We did again for those who missed the scene.

没有评论:

发表评论