2013年2月25日星期一

Show and Tell (part IV) & The bus


Date: 25th February 2013
Day: Monday
Time: 4:30pm- 5:30pm
Class: Pomegranate
Teacher: Teacher Yeong

Happy, Happy Transportation – Show and Tell (part IV) & The Bus

Today, Wei Ni, Yu Xi and Yu Xin were present in class. So I requested them to choose a toy either from the classrooms or from their friends to present for the Show and Tell session. Wei Ni chose a train toy from the classroom and gave a short presentation on it. Then it’s Yu Xi’s turn who had chosen a green train from Bee Chien’s toys and lastly it’s Yu Xin’s turn to give a short presentation on a police car. Three of them were given some sentences on how to talk about their transportation.
















This week, we shall concentrate on bus. We had a short discussion about the bus. I drew a simple picture about the inner structure of the bus with seats and a bus driver.

Teacher: Let say, I wanted to go down to town but I don’t have a car or no one can drive me to town. What transportation I can take? (I pointed to the picture on the board)
Children: A bus.
Teacher: Where can I wait for a bus?
Children: Bus station.
Teacher: Bus station is for all the bus to stop and wait for passengers. Where can we wait for bus at the roadside?
Bee Chien: Bus stop.
Teacher: Yes, a bus stop. How can we tell the bus to stop?
(All children wave their hand to themselves and they shouted, ”Bus, bus, stop, stop.”)
I demonstrated by putting out my hand and wave slightly up and down by facing the direction of the bus. So I got all the children to do the same. Now, they know how to stop a bus.
Teacher: After we got on the bus, we have to tell the driver where to go and pay the bus fare. This is a public bus, so there’s no number given on the ticket. We just sit wherever there’s an empty seat. But if we are going to Singapore, we have to buy a bus fare with seat numbers. We don’t want to stand all the way to Singapore.

So I got some colour papers and some blocks with different shapes. The children trace the shape onto the colour paper. We shall cut out the shape and make it into a pair for our bus ticket and seat number tomorrow.

  

没有评论:

发表评论