2013年2月27日星期三

Buying the bus ticket (part I)


Date: 27th February 2013
Day: Wednesday
Time: 4:30 – 5:30pm
Class: Pomegranate
Teacher: Teacher Yeong

Happy, Happy Transportation – Buying the bus ticket (part I)

We sang the song, “Down by the station” again during circle time. This time round, the children can somehow follow the lyrics much better. We learn another transportation song today: I’m driving in my CAR.

The lyrics are as followed:

Look at me, oh can’t you see,
I’m driving in my CAR
C-A-R (beep, beep)
C-A-R (beep, beep)
C-A-R (beep, beep)
I’m driving in my car.
(sing in the tune of “Bingo”)

I changed the word “car” in the song to “van” & “bus”. Many of the children wanted to change the words to fire engine, ambulance or even police car but can’t. This is because we need to find either a 3 letters word or 5 letters word. Wei Lok suggested we changed it to “truck” then we sang with it. It sounds good even though we can’t put in the “beep beep”. Then Derek suggested we changed to “train”, Bee Chien suggested “crane” and Yi Han suggested “buggy”. We all sang it with all the words given. It became a very creative song.

Then we started our bus ticket game. After the children had placed their chair according to the setting of a bus, I explained to them that we need to buy a bus ticket to get up a bus. I became the bus ticket seller to demonstrate to them how to buy a ticket. Each of them queue up patiently to wait for their turn. 

Teacher: Can I help you?
Children: I want to buy a bus ticket.
Teacher: Where do you want to go?
Children: I want to go to Legoland.
Teacher: The bus is at 8 o’clock. Is that alright with you?
The children nod their head and I handed them a ticket. Then they sat down accordingly to the shape attached on the seat.

The activities will be continued on Friday. The children will take turns to become the bus ticket seller and a customer.

Kindly be informed that there will be no update of blog tomorrow as the children will be visiting to the zoo.

没有评论:

发表评论