2014年5月29日星期四

Fossil Making with Flour

Date: 26th May 2014
Day: Monday
Time: 3:00-4:00pm      
Class: Pomegranate      
Theme: Walking with Dinosaur
Teacher: Teacher Yeong

Fossil Making with Flour

I brought in the dinosaur fun kit into the class today. In this fun kit, there’s a book that introduced dinosaur as well as to teach the children in making fossil out from clay. However, I’m not going to make the fossil out from the clay provided, yet, I’m using flour. I got the recipe from online and hopefully it works.

The materials that I needed were as followed:
-          2 cups of flour
-          1 cup of salt
-          1 cup of water

I showed the children how I mixed all the materials together. However, the dough turned out to be quite sticky. Therefore, I had to put in a little bit more flour. The children had already got some toy dinosaur in hand to be printed on the dough.

We did try out some yet, it didn’t work out nicely. The dough is too soft and the toy dinosaur had too much dough on it. Suddenly, I thought, maybe I could put some flour on the toy dinosaur before printing it onto the dough. It does look better.

We only managed to do 6 fossil printing as there’s not more dough as some of the toy dinosaur were quite big.

We put it on a piece of cardboard to be air dry completely. I told the children not to touch it and could only observe it on the next day.


没有评论:

发表评论