2014年5月22日星期四

Is Tyrannosaurus a Hunter or Scavenger?


Date: 20th May 2014
Day: Tuesday
Time: 3:00-4:00pm      
Class: Pomegranate      
Theme: Walking with Dinosaur
Teacher: Teacher Yeong

Is Tyrannosaurus a Hunter or Scavenger?

“Scavenger” appeared in the movie – “Walking With Dinosaur”. Therefore, I took this opportunity to explain to the children the difference between a hunter and a scavenger. However, it took them a while to understand my explanation and at the same time, we also used the current animals that the children know to see if they could tell me if they were hunter or scavenger.

As a conclusion, the children said that Tyrannosaurus is a hunter and a scavenger as well.

The front cover of the reference book of Dinosaur that I used has a very clear picture of the Tyrannosaurus Rex. It’s a pop out design where I can placed a paper on it and used a colour pencil to trace. It will form a very attractive picture of the T-Rex. The children saw the picture that I did and they asked if they could have a copy.

Therefore, I gave each a child a piece of paper and they needed to choose a colour of their preference and they started to trace the picture of the T-Rex one by one. 

没有评论:

发表评论