2015年4月2日星期四

Mr Peabody's Apples

Date: 1st April 2015
Day: Wednesday
Time: 4:30-5:30pm
Class: Pomegranate
Theme: Occupations
Teacher: Teacher Yeong

Mr Peabody's Apples

There was an issue going on when I stepped into the class today. A boy was telling me that there's no more toilet paper while he was still sitting on the toilet bowl as I stepped into the class. Therefore, I went to get him a roll of tissue. As I stepped in back to the class, he was already out of the toilet, then I asked if he had cleaned himself, he said yes. However, one of his friend suddenly started to accuse him of not cleaning himself and spread the rumours around until both of them got into an argument. 

Suddenly I thought of a book that I wish to share with the children now. I wanted to share it during our sub-topic - teacher but didn't get a chance to do so. 




The story is as followed (adapted from Amazon.com):-
"Mr. Peabodyís Apples takes place in 1949 in Happville, USA. Mr. Peabody is the beloved elementary school teacher and baseball coach, who one day finds himself ostracized when rumors spread through the small town. Mr. Peabody silences the gossip with an unforgettable and poignant lesson about how we must choose our words carefully to avoid causing harm to others.
Madonna dedicates Mr. Peabody's Apples to teachers everywhere." 

The children were shocked when I came to the part where Mr Peabody wanted Tommy to pick up all the feathers that had been blown away. The children themselves shocked their head and said it's impossible. This suddenly makes them realize the harm that had been done cannot be mended again. Hopefully with the story, the children could always be more cautious of the words that they say or use in the future. 

We left a little time before we called it a day, the children chose the type of clothes that they wanted to design. As a result, I need to prepare 6 T-shirt drawings, 9 dress drawings and 3 long pants drawings for our next lesson. 

没有评论:

发表评论