2016年1月5日星期二

Brand New Year 2016

Date: 4th January 2016
Day: Monday
Time: 4:30-5:30 pm
Class: Pomegranate
Theme: Happy Chinese New Year
Teacher: Ms Yeong

Brand New Year 2016

Welcome back!! It's a brand new year of 2016. This year, there are about 16 of them. Each age group ( 5 & 6 years old) has about 8 children. I hope they will enjoy the English thematic class.

Chinese New Year is just around the corner. As half of the class is brand new, therefore, I chose a familiar topic for them to start off with.

We had some brainstorming session on what they know or remember about Chinese New Year.

Teacher: Can you share anything that you remember about Chinese New Year?
Leow Xun: I went to 表姑 (aunt) house.
Sueanne: I go to my aunt's house and eat.
Zi Yue: I go to play and swimming. I go to my grandma's house.
Deshayne: I went to my uncle's house. To blow bubbles and eat.

Besides that, I also hinted to them about the colours that they will see during Chinese New Year. Some of them gave some examples of things in red such as red packets, firecrackers, red shirt, red skirt etc.

Parents could prepare some old or used red angpao packets for your children to bring to school as materials for Chinese New Year art work. We shall need it by early next week.


没有评论:

发表评论