2016年1月18日星期一

Way to send my greetings

Date: 15th January 2016
Day: Friday
Time: 4:30-5:30 pm
Class: Pomegranate
Theme: Happy Chinese New Year
Teacher: Ms Yeong

Way to send my greetings

In order to bring in the activity of making their own greeting cards for Chinese New Year, we had some discussion of how people send their greetings before the festive season.

Teacher: People will wish each other in good words during Chinese New Year. What are the phrases to use?
Children: Gong Xi.......Gong Xi Fa Cai......Xin Nian Kuai Le (Happy Chinese New Year)......

Teacher: If your friends and family are staying near to you, you can wish them face to face. But if your family members are staying very far away, what shall we do?
Leow Xun: Take a plane there.
Rachel: What is plane?
Teacher: Aeroplane.
Lik Shin: Take a train.
Zi Yue: Take a car.
Teacher: What if your family member stays at a place very far and couldn't reach by transportation.
(It took them a while to think and still shout out all kinds of transportation that they could think of. Then, I hinted them again that the place is very far away and not very convenient for us to reach by any transportation.)
Lik Shin: I know. Telephone.
Teacher: Yes, that's a good idea. You can call them by telephone or phone. What if telephone is very expensive for you to call. Is there any other way for you to send your greetings to them?
(It took them quite a while to figure it out. I guess they don't really have much experience in sending any letters to others. When I hinted them about getting stamp from the post office. Zi Yue managed to get the idea yet she gave the answer incorrectly.)

Teacher: Sending through post. We will need the help of the postman to send the card for us.

That's when I brought in some sample of Chinese New Year greeting cards for the children to look at. I have also made one myself. The children were very eager to know how I made that. I made it from the angpao packets that the children brought. They were amazed.





没有评论:

发表评论