2016年2月16日星期二

Back to School from CNY holiday

Date: 15th February 2016
Day: Monday
Time: 4:30-5:30 pm
Class: Pomegranate
Theme: Happy Chinese New Year
Teacher: Ms Yeong

Back to School from CNY holiday

On 5th February,  (Friday), I was the relief teacher for Pomegranate class from 3:00-5:30 pm as their class teacher took leave. Therefore, I used the whole afternoon to sort out the children's lion dance art work with them while giving them some other things to do. Therefore, no blog updates for that day.

The children had a great time spending a week at home for Chinese New Year holiday. Today it's the eighth day of Chinese New Year and school also reopens today. The children were quite excited to share their Chinese New Year activities at home.

Teacher: Please share anything that you did or you see during Chinese New Year holiday?
Leow Xun: I go and see the lights. I saw the monkey. (She refers to Fo Guang Shan, Dong Zen Temple)
                  You pull the string, and the monkey will shake.
Cheng Kai: I went to Aeon, I saw a book. Monkey book. New one. (He expressed in Mandarin, hope he will try in English when he learned more the in future!)
Ethan: I saw Sun Wu Kong.
Mei Jia: I go home, saw the lion dance. In the shop.
Zi Yue: My father's shop in here and then another is there. I saw a lion dance. My mother's friend bring me to the lion dance. To see the lion dance. Got firecracker. Other shops and houses are playing firecrackers.
Zun Yu: I eat biscuits. (He expressed in mix Mandarin and English.)
Sueanne: My mother and father brought me to see the lion dance. (Where?) In a shop. The girl is playing with the  lion dance.
Rachel: My neighbour invites the lion dance to their house.
Deshayne: I got eat chocolate. My grandma and grandpa come to my house.
Leow Xun: Mommy sais that Sun Wu Kong come out from a hole.

After that, we used about 15 minutes to discuss the name of our new theme. I needed to explain to them and I suggested a few names for them to choose. Finally, they cast their votes and the new theme name for food is "I Love Food".

没有评论:

发表评论