2015年8月27日星期四

National Day & new topic voting

Date: 27th August 2015
Day: Thursday
Time: 4:30-5:30pm
Class: Pomegranate
Theme: I Love Zoo Animals
Teacher: Ms Yeong

National Day & new topic voting

National Day is just around the corner. I believe the children had already learnt quite a lot during their Mandarin thematic class in the morning. However, I wanted the children to express their thoughts and information that they know in English. To my surprise, the children couldn't give me much reply even I lure them with rewards (candies).

I started off by asking them if they needed to come to school on next Monday (31st Auguts 2015). They hesitate for a while and said yes. I doubted their answer and they immediately changed their reply. Children are quite observant in some sense.

Basically, we talked about the colours on the Malaysia flag - red, yellow, blue and white. I guided them to understand their age and the country's age. It took them a while to realize that connection. Anyhow, we did a sum to get the age of our country - Malaysia is celebrating its 58th National Day this year.

Then, we moved on to count the points that they could see on the yellow star. The children could only name me a few states such as Kedah, Selangor, Sabah, Melaka, Pulau Pinang and Johor. Therefore, I have to guide them to name the rest of the states and the federal government.

After the National Day session, we had a short break. After that, I divided the class into 6 and 5 years old. From next week onwards, the 6 years old children will start their pre-primary school programme for 2 months and after that they will be busy getting ready for the school year end performance.

I took the 5 years old children to a side to vote for a new topic. They had suggested 3 topics to be chosen:
1) About myself
2) Water
3) Cloth & clothes

After a round of explanation and voting, finally, "water" received the most vote. As a result, that would be our new theme topic from next week.

没有评论:

发表评论