2013年4月7日星期日

I have tried.... & I have not tried....


Date: 5th April 2013
Day: Friday
Time: 4:30 – 5:30pm
Class: Pomegranate
Teacher: Teacher Yeong

Happy, Happy Transportation – I have tried…..

I had prepared some pictures of all kinds of transportation for our next activities. Before moving into that activity, I asked the children to share which transportation they had tried and which they had not. The pictures of the transportation that I had prepared were bus, car, van, train, motorboat, ship, aeroplane, helicopter, motorcycle, trishaw and bicycle.

Jun Qian: I have been on the motorboat. (Where did you go?) On the river. (What place is that?) I don’t remember. I have not ride on a trishaw. (Would you like to try?) Yes.


Yi Han: I have ride on a train. (Where did you go?) Port Klang. To look at the ship. (Did you enjoy the trip?) Yes, I enjoy the trip. I have not ride on a helicopter. (Would you like to try?) Yes, fly up to the sky.


Derek: I have ride on a car. (Where did you go?) Singapore. (Which one you have not try?) Van. (Why?) Can have more people in the car.


Jia Jia: I have ride the aeroplane. (Where did you go?) Singapore. (Did you enjoy the trip?) No, my ears pain. I have not ride ship. (Why you want to ride on a ship?) To see fish.


Yi Jie: (Which one you have try?) Bicycle. (Where did you ride your bicycle?) At home. (Which one you have not try?) Bus. (Why?) Can go far far. To see things.


Wei Ni: I have tried aeroplane. (Where did you go?) Pulau Langkawi. (Did you enjoy the trip?) Yes. I have not ride on a van. (Why you want to ride on a van?) Bigger.


Wei Lok: I have ride on a bus. (In Malaysia?) No, in Hong Kong. It’s a double decker bus. (Did you enjoy the bus ride?) Oh, yes. I have not ride motorcycle.


Phoeon: I have tried ship. (Did you enjoy the trip?) Yes, can see fish. I have not tried aeroplane. (Where you want to go in the aeroplane?) To Langkawi.


Yu Xi: I have ride on a car. (Where did you go?) Jusco. For shopping. I have not tried van. (Would you like to try?) Yes.


Yu Xin: I have tried aeroplane. (Where did you go?) To Singapore. (Did you enjoy the trip?) Yes. (Which on you have not tried?) I have not tried helicopter.


Kern Ee: Train. (You have tried train, where did you go?) Subang. Got toys. (Oh, you went there to buy toys.) Yes, buy train. (Which one you have not tried?) Motorcycle.


Kwan Ming: I tried car. Go to Giant. (To buy things? He nodded.) I have not tried motorcycle. (Would you like to try it?) No. (Are you scare?) Yes.


Bee Chien: I have tried all of the transportation. (Really? Pick the one you wish to share or you like the most.) I have tried helicopter. (Really? Where did you go?) I don’t remember. (Did you enjoy it?) No, it’s scary. (You prefer aeroplane?) Yes.


From this activity, I can see that many of those quiet children also raised their hands wanted to share. On the board where given some sample sentences to use but somehow the children still use their own way to present their thoughts. I think it’s a good practice that they start to use the words they know instead of referring to the board. Good try, kids!

没有评论:

发表评论