2013年7月8日星期一

Rainbow


Date: 8th July 2013
Day: Monday
Time: 3:30-4:30pm
Class: Pomegranate
Theme: Colours
Teacher: Teacher Yeong

Rainbow

Jia Jia brought something in golden colour and she would like to share it with her classmate.

Teacher: What is this?
Jia Jia: Golden spoon. Golden fork.
Teacher: Who does it belongs to?
Jia Jia: My mother.
Teacher: Where did your mother got this from?
Jia Jia: From a friend. (She replied this in Mandarin.)


Book Sharing – Colour Dance by Ann Janas

This is an interesting book introducing the primary colours, blue, yellow and red. The mixture of colours that creates new colours amazed the children. Then I asked the children if we could paint the 7 rainbow colours by only using these 3 primary colours. The children doubt about it.

Therefore, I prepared the 3 primary colours and some papers. Before I start, I got the children to tell me the sequence of the colours of the rainbow. Then from there, we look at the mixture of the colours. The children were surprised to find out that those colours in between the primary colours are the mixture of it.

I started with red. Then I painted yellow where I also got orange in between. After that I painted blue where I will get green in between. Then I painted red again to make indigo. I have to put a little bit more of blue to make it darker. Then lastly for violet would be the mixture of blue and more red instead.

The children also tried out to paint the rainbow of their own. Even though some of them didn’t manage to get all the colours done but they had tried their best. I’m proud of them. 




没有评论:

发表评论