2013年7月22日星期一

Sand Art or Salt Art (Part I)


Day: Monday
Time: 3:30-4:30pm
Class: Pomegranate
Theme: Colours
Teacher: Teacher Yeong

Sand Art or Salt Art (Part I)

In the Power Kids video, we saw this kid doing sand art by colouring the sand with various colour and put it randomly into a nice glass bottle. So today, I brought 2 different sand art into the class to show it to the children.
 
The children looked at the colour. The first bottle was made with sand. As the sand was quite grey and brown in colour, after we had coloured it, the colour looks dark. This one was made by Teacher Ng and her daughter.



The children prefer the lighter colour one. It’s not easy to get white sand unless we go to the beach.
I have no idea who made this but it was left on my table for quite a long time.



Then an idea pop up. Salt might do the trick. So I quickly get some salt from the school kitchen and returned with a bottle of red food colouring. I mixed it in front of the children and let them see the changes of it. 



The worry was that salt might get dissolved when it touches liquid. Fortunately, it didn’t melt. The colour turned out to be quite pretty. So I told the children to try to get a packet of fine salt and a glass bottle from home. Then we shall begin our salt art this week. 

I found a simple story about “The Golden Goose”. The children took turn to read each pages of the story. The class ended after that. 

没有评论:

发表评论