2014年8月17日星期日

5 Taste Activity – Spicy Day

Date: 15th August 2014
Day: Friday
Time: 3:00-4:00pm      
Class: Pomegranate      
Theme: Yummy Food
Teacher: Teacher Yeong

5 Taste Activity – Spicy Day

Today is spicy day. I wondered what the children will bring for the theme of the day. Let’s look at the food that the children brought:-

Chloe: some spicy mix tidbits

Kern Ee: spicy potato chips

Bo En: spicy corn chips

Aiden & Harraz: spicy tapioca chips

Elvina & Li Chuan: some red chilies

Xin Yee: ginger honey tea (made together with her mom)

Jing Heng & Yee Shuen: spicy seaweed


Besides that, I used the lemons that the children brought on sour day to make some lemonade. I predicted that some of the children would want to look for water after eating the spicy food.

We looked at all the food that the children brought this time, only chilies cannot be eaten. So I asked the class what we shall do with it. Some said to throw it away. Some said to bring it home. Some said to eat it. I suggested that we can plant it and grow it in the school garden, the children agreed. Therefore, I shall prepare the necessary things for the children to do some planting on Monday.


Let’s the feast begin. I didn’t force each of them to try all the spicy food. As long as they are brave enough, they could take a sip or a bite.



没有评论:

发表评论