2014年8月11日星期一

The 5 tastes activity

Date: 11th August 2014
Day: Monday
Time: 3:00-4:00pm      
Class: Pomegranate      
Theme: Yummy Food
Teacher: Teacher Yeong

The 5 tastes activity

I told the children last week that we shall explore the 5 tastes this week. The children asked why we needed to learn about it. Therefore, I explained that the food that we eat has taste especially fruits and vegetables.


So, I prepared 5 colour cups with 5 different tastes in it. As all of them looked like plain water, the children couldn’t guess what kind of taste were they. I randomly put the colour of the cup on the board and the children said they would like to follow the sequence of it to do the tasting. Most of the children were brave enough to take at least a sip while some were quite timid not even wanted to try some of it. 



Yee Shuen said:"Oh, what is this?"

Teng Hong:"It's sweet. I like it."


Finally, all the children tasted all the water in those colour cups. I also have listed down the taste on the board. I wish to carry out some activity with the children. Therefore, we shall be having “Taste Day”. Hopefully the children could discuss this activity with their parents and bring along any food that suits the theme of the day.

The schedules are as followed:

Day
Date
Theme of the Day
Wednesday
13-8-2014
Sour Day
Thursday
14-8-2014
Sweet Day
Friday
15-8-2014
Spicy Day
Tuesday
19-8-2014
Bitter Day
Wednesday
20-8-2014
Salty Day

I wish the activity will be a success. Parents could leave comments if you have doubts about this coming activity. 

没有评论:

发表评论