2014年8月4日星期一

Coleslaw Making

Date: 4th August 2014
Day: Monday
Time: 3:00-4:00pm      
Class: Pomegranate      
Theme: Yummy Food
Teacher: Teacher Yeong

Coleslaw Making

Since we are focusing on fruits and vegetables now, I chose one activity for the children to work on – coleslaw making.

We had some brainstorming session asking the children if they know what coleslaw is or what the ingredients that they could imagine. However, most of the children didn’t give the correct answer. Therefore, I played them a short video about homemade coleslaw.


Then the children started to tell me that his mother or sister did this or they had this when they went to have meals at KFC.

Today, the ingredients that I prepared are pretty simple – cabbage, carrots, mayonnaise and sweet corns.






The children will need to help out in the preparation of the coleslaw. Therefore, some were given cabbage to cut while some were carrots. I have cooked the sweet corns beforehand. Then I scalded the cabbage and carrots for a minute before mixing it with the sweet corns and the mayonnaise.





Some of the children said it’s delicious while some said the taste is too light.





没有评论:

发表评论