2015年3月5日星期四

More into Doctor

Date: 4th March 2015
Day: Wednesday
Time: 4:30-5:30pm
Class: Pomegranate
Theme: Occupations
Teacher: Teacher Yeong

More into Doctor

Today, I played a short video about a day life of a doctor who works in a Children's Hospital. The children get to have some idea about the daily job of a doctor in a hospital.

Video: Day in the Life of a Doctor

Then from there I introduced some common words related to doctor:-
- doctor, clinic, hospital, patient, medicine

After that, I got the children to pretend that they were visiting to a doctor's clinic like the boy in the video and assume what the conversation would be like. The content of the conversation was suggested by the children themselves and I modified it accordingly.

Doctor: Good morning. How do you feel?
Patient: I feel sick.
Doctor: Don't worry. I will help you. What's wrong with you?
Patient: I got coughing and fever.
Doctor: Let me check you. Oh, you are having a fever. Drink more water and rest more. Remember to take your medicine.
Patient: Thank you.
Doctor: You are welcome.

This conversation would be a guideline for the children to start their conversation when we carry out the role play of doctor and patient in the future.


没有评论:

发表评论