2013年6月9日星期日

I spy, you spy


Date: 7th June 2013
Day: Friday
Time: 3:30-4:30pm
Class: Pomegranate
Theme: Colours
Teacher: Teacher Yeong

I spy, you spy

We did the colour mixture of blue and yellow yesterday and we got green. So today, I played a video clip about “Little Yellow, Little Blue” by Leo Lionni. The children can see the changes of the mixture of these two colours clearly.

Then after that, we played a game called “I spy, you spy”. I got the children to pair themselves in two and search for a green object from the classroom and share with their fellow classmate. There’s only one group of children came back with 2 objects and they insisted to present the one they were holding. So I got them to discuss again which one to present. Finally, they managed to come to a conclusion to only present one of the objects. 

"I spy a green crocodile"


As we still got some time before the hour ends, I gave each of the children a colour sock. They have to search for another pair of the same colour from the pile of socks. Wow, the children could do it quite fast. Then I asked if they could roll the 2 socks together and form it like a ball.  All the children tried very hard to roll it and pull here and there to form a ball. After a while, some of the children started to ask for help.

Wei Lok managed to form a ball after a few tries and I got him to show his friends how he do it while I helped out the rest of the children. When some of them finally got it, they happily showed me their socks ball. Dear parents, maybe you might want to let your child to sort out their socks and try to roll it into a ball. It’s a fun and motivating exercise for their motor skill and building their self-confidence. 

"Roll, roll....I'm trying hard to roll it"

"Is this like this? I need help"


没有评论:

发表评论