2013年6月2日星期日

What's your favourite colour?


Date: 31st May 2013
Day: Friday
Time: 4:30-5:30pm
Class: Pomegranate
Theme: Colours
Teacher: Teacher Yeong

What’s your favourite colour?

Today we moved on with colours. I got the children to think what their favourite colour is. They have to use this phrase: “My favourite colour is …….. because… (if they could tell).”

Kwan Ming: My favourite colour is green. (Why do you like green?) I don’t know.
Derek: My favourite colour is red because it looks like fire.
Yu Xi: My favourite colour is golden. (Why do you like golden colour?) It’s nice.
Phoeon: My favourite colour is yellow. It’s so beautiful.
Jia Jia: My favourite colour is orange because it’s very beautiful.
Kern Ee: My favourite colour is green. (Why do you like green?) I don’t know.
Zhen Yuan: My favourite colour is white. (Why do you like while colour?) A white fire. (I didn’t get it at first, then he was pointing towards the grill and the sky, I think he means the lightning that he sees.)
Yi Jie: My favourite colour is green. I like the tree. (He said that after I gave him some clues)
Jun Qian: My favourite colour is golden because it’s very beautiful.
Wei Lok: My favourite colour is golden. It’s very shinning.
Yi Han: My favourite colour is golden because it’s very bright.
Wei Ni: My favourite colour is golden. It’s so bright.
Yu Xin: My favourite colour is green. (Why?) I don’t know.
Jia Hoong: My favourite colour is green. (Why?) (He didn’t answer me.)

Wow, so many of the children’s favourite colour is golden colour. I guess it’s because it’s much shinier than yellow. I decided to get the children to work on one colour each week or for few days. So after a round of suggesting and voting, the children had decided to start off with green colour.

Storybook sharing – My Very First Book of Colour by Eric Carle
Wei Ni brought this book to share with her friends. This is a very interesting book where children had to match the picture to the colour on the top page. The pictures are big and the colours are beautiful as well.

Storybook Sharing – A Colour of His Own by Leo Lionni
I shared this book with the children about a chameleon who is searching for this own colours and found a friend as well. It’s an interesting book about colours. 

没有评论:

发表评论