2013年6月25日星期二

Sunlight has colours too!


Date: 21st June 2013
Day: Friday
Time: 3:30-4:30pm
Class: Pomegranate
Theme: Colours
Teacher: Teacher Yeong

Sunlight has colours too!

Today, I shared a scientific book with the children. This book is in Mandarin but I translated it into simple English for the children to understand. It’s a book about colours from the sunlight. Even though it kept mentioning that sunlight has colours yet the children still argued that there’s only bright colour in the sunlight.

There’s a simple experiment shown in the book. So I quickly prepared a cardboard as shown, a cup of water and a piece of white paper. We tried a few places to see if we can see the colours from the sunlight. However, only a few children could see the colours such as blue and red. While others still argued that they couldn’t see any colours at all. Wei Lok suggested we could try it at other time such as morning. We might try again at another time and place to see if we could see the colours more clearly.

Poem – When I see….

I shared a poem with the children today. It’s called “When I see….” The poem is as followed:

When I see red, I put my hand on my head,
When I see blue, I touch my shoe,
When I see green, I wash my face so clean.
When I see yellow, I wave to the fellow.
When orange is found, I put my hand on the ground,
When I see pink, I think, think, think.

Wei Lok: How about other colours? Like purple?
Kwan Ming: Grey.
Phoeon & Yu Xi: Golden.
Teacher: We can add on the poem but you must find the words that rhyme with the colours.

After a few discussions and matching the words, finally, we managed to add on the poem with other colours. This is how the poem sounds like:

When I see purple, I play with my bubble,
When I see golden, I play in the garden,
When I see silver, I play in the river,
When I see grey, I shall bake a cake in May,
When I see white, I will fly a kite,
When I see brown, I will go to the town.
When I see black, I put my hand on my back.

没有评论:

发表评论