2013年8月29日星期四

Art and Craft - Butterfly


Date: 28th August 2013
Day: Wednesday
Time: 3:30-4:30pm
Class: Pomegranate
Theme: Colours
Teacher: Teacher Yeong

Art and Craft – Butterfly

Today, I wanted the children to try out this lovely art. It’s like drawing mirror image by using water paint. I prepared a piece of white paper for each child. Then I got 3 primary colours for them to use, red, yellow and blue. My intention is for the children to mix red and blue to form purple colour. At the same time, I can imagine the picture will be quite dark so I add in a yellow colour for them to mix around.

Before they start, everyone folded their paper into half. Each child was given a short yarn to dip into the water colour they had chosen. Then they placed the coloured yarn on one side of the paper and covered it. After that, they will pull the yarn out to make the pattern.

Some of the children managed to design their pattern while some just did it randomly. With such steps, the children could actually get a mirror image of the pattern on both side of the paper. We shall continue with the butterfly art on Friday. 




没有评论:

发表评论