2013年8月5日星期一

Blue, what is blue?


Date: 5th August 2013
Day: Monday
Time: 3:30-4:30pm
Class: Pomegranate
Theme: Colours
Teacher: Teacher Yeong

Blue, what is blue?

I had a brainstorming session with the children about blue today. I got them to think about an item when I mentioned “blue” to them. However, after everyone had given one each, they added quite some to their list.

This is what they gave me:

Jia Jia: water
Jia Hoong: books
Jun Qian: cars, water bottle, house, frog, fish, baby turtle
Kern Ee; table, peacock, shark
Wei Lok: blue sky, water paint, whale
Phoeon: sharpener, skirt, dolphin
Derek: colour pencil
Yi Han: marker pen, jellyfish
Kwan Ming: aeroplane, snake
Yu Xi: blue bag, butterfly
Yi Jie: shirt
Yu Xin: bird

Then I got the children to think if they could come out a simple sentence by using the words they had given me here by adding the word “blue” in their sentences.  Alternative sentences were given later for the children to learn besides just using the phrase “I like….”

This is what the children said:

Jia Jia: I like to colour the water in blue.
(Alternative sentence: The fish swims in the blue water.)
Jia Hoong: I like to read blue books.
(Alternative sentence: The blue book is a gift from my father.)
Jun Qian: I like to catch the blue fish.
(Alternative sentence: I saw a blue fish in the river.)
Kern Ee: I like the blue shark.
(Alternative sentence: The blue shark swims in the ocean.)
Wei Lok: I like the blue whale. (Alternative sentence: The blue whale is very big.)
Phoeon: I love the blue skirt.  (Alternative sentence: I have a blue skirt.)
Derek: I like to use blue colour pencil to draw.
(Alternative sentence: I colour the sky with blue colour pencil.)
Yi Han: My grandfather got a blue marker pen.
Kwan Ming: I saw a blue snake in the zoo.
Yu Xi: My mother has a blue bag.
Yi Jie: I am wearing a blue shirt. (I construct the sentence for him as he just kept quiet.)
Yu Xin: I like that blue bird. (Alternative sentence: There’s a blue bird on the tree.)

没有评论:

发表评论