2013年8月20日星期二

Orange or Grapefruit


Date: 16th August 2013
Day: Friday
Time: 3:30-4:30pm
Class: Pomegranate
Theme: Colours
Teacher: Teacher Yeong

Orange or Grapefruit

After the orange treat I gave yesterday, some of the children brought some oranges today. Yu Xi brought a grapefruit, Yu Xin and Phoeon brought an orange each. The fruit that Yu Xi was talking about yesterday was actually grapefruit, not persimmon.

The size of the grapefruit is quite big, while Phoeon’s orange is smaller than the grapefruit. Yu Xin’s orange is the smallest. I put the three fruits together and we learned about the comparison of the size.

Wei Lok brought a carrot. The children started to chat about the carrot.

Children: My mother cut the carrot into flower.
Children: Can cook soup.
Children: The rabbit like to eat carrot.
Children: Can eat like this.

Then the children were very excited that they would like to taste the oranges that their friend brought. So I cut the 2 oranges that Yu Xin and Phoeon brought. Jun Qian still insisted not to taste any of it even though I kept encouraging him.

After the children had tasted the oranges, they were eyeing on the grapefruit. Surprisingly, 8 out of 11 of them wanted to taste the grapefruit. Therefore, I cut the grapefruit and the children’s eye went big to know that the colour of the flesh is very different from the oranges. 



Once I served, the children quickly grabbed one and tried it. I thought all of them would not like the taste of the sour grapefruit but somehow, Wei Ni and Derek enjoyed it very much. Jun Qian surprisingly also grabbed a piece of it and tasted it.

Jun Qian: My brother said it's nice, why it taste like this?

Wei Lok: Hmm...I think I can't eat it anymore!

Wei Ni: It's yummy!

Derek: Taste nice. Can I have one more?


Most of them commented that the grapefruit taste very sour and bitter. They even said they want to vomit after eating it. 

没有评论:

发表评论