2015年1月26日星期一

Movie Sharing - Billy Elliot (Part I)

Date: 26th January 2015
Day: Monday
Time: 4:30-5:30pm
Class: Pomegranate
Theme: Occupations
Teacher: Teacher Yeong

Movie Sharing - Billy Elliot (Part I)

I noticed that some of the children don't know what to say when they visit a veterinarian. Therefore, I used about 5 minutes today to teach them some simple sentences that they could use, not only when visiting a veterinarian, they could also used it when visiting a doctor themselves in the future.

Basically, these were the sentences that I get the children to make for the veterinarian role play :-

1) My pet is sick.
2) My pet is having a stomachache.
3) My pet's leg is hurt.
4) My pet had food poisoning.

I wanted to share an interesting movie with the children today - Billy Elliot.



This is a British movie that film about a boy who is interested with dancing and wanted to be became a ballet dancer. Yet, due to his gender, he was being doubted at first. 

Billy's father sends him to the gym to learn boxing, but Billy dislikes the sport. He happens upon a ballet class that is using the gym while their usual basement studio is temporarily being used as a soup kitchen for the striking miners. Unknown to Jackie (Billy's father), Billy joins the ballet class. When Jackie discovers this, he forbids Billy to take any more ballet. But, passionate about dancing, Billy secretly continues lessons with his dance teacher Sandra Wilkinson's help. 

We only managed to watch for about 30 minutes before we call it a day. We hope to continue with the movie the next day. The children do enjoy watching it though the British accent is a little difficult for them to catch what the actual conversation was. 


没有评论:

发表评论