2015年1月6日星期二

When I grow up, I want to be....

Date: 6th January 2015
Day: Tuesday
Time: 4:30-5:30pm
Class: Pomegranate
Theme: Occupations
Teacher: Teacher Yeong

When I grow up, I want to be....

I wanted to find out what does the children think about occupations. However, they could only tell me a few like fire fighter or policeman etc. Therefore, I brought in some flashcards of pictures of all kinds of occupations and see if the children could name me a few.

Then, I share a book about occupations - Barbie, Dream of the future.

This book is in Mandarin. Yet, I just went through the book with the children briefly to let them know there's other types of occupations that the children could explore into.

After going through the book, we did a conversation below:

Teacher: When you grow up, what would you like to be?
Zhi Yi: sew dress, dress designer
Leow Xun: ballet dancer
Xin Yee: clothes designer
Zi Yue: teacher
Yi Ern: vet
Xiang Qin: clothes designer
Chloe: fire fighter
Shang En: doctor
Jing Heng: fire fighter
Qiao Yi: nurse
Li Chiuan: fire fighter
Yee Shuen: fire fighter
Xiao Xuan: teacher
Shu Zheng: teacher
Lucas: fire fighter
Yang Jun: (he just grin at me and didn't say anything)

Looking at the occupations that the children mentioned, I believe they are also interested to learn about it. Therefore, we did a voting of which to learn first. After a round of voting, this would be the sequence of our learning for the next few weeks:

1) ballet dancer
2) vet
3) fire fighter
4) nurse
5) doctor
6) teacher
7) clothes designer

Dear parents, if you have any information about the above mentioned occupations such as books, vcd or even any magazines about it, you may let your child bring it to school to share it with their fellow classmates.

没有评论:

发表评论