2015年10月1日星期四

Bubble Solution Making

Date: 25th September 2015
Day: Friday
Time: 4:00-5:00pm
Class: Pomegranate
Theme: Water is so FUN!
Teacher: Ms Yeong

Bubble Solution Making

I got this bubble solution recipe online and I wanted so much to try out with the children when we first started the water theme. Yet, I couldn't find a chance to bring in this topic. As we were talking about the usage of water and how water could change the form of materials, I wanted the children to try to do the bubble solution.

I prepared the following materials for them:

1) an empty bottle of 1500ml
2) a bottle of dish washing soap (I chose this particular brand according to the recipe online)
3) some tapioca flour (we only needed 4 tablespoon)
4) 1500ml of water



Before we start, I delegated some task to each of them so that everyone could get involved.

I passed the empty bottle to Rachel for her to fill it with 1500ml of water. Then, Leow Xun helped to pour all the water into the empty pail that I had prepared. Suzanne and Lucas helped to put in the dish washing soap. Then the rest of the group, Yong Jun, Yi Ern, Eugene and Zi Yue helped to put in the tapioca flour. After mixing all the ingredients together, I gave each of them a bowl of solution to try it out.









At first, the children find the solution quite watery. Yet, after a while, they managed to blow a big bubbles. Once, they saw one of the friends could do it, they all wanted to try to blow a big bubble.

They had lots of fun today! We kept the extra bubble solutions for another day.






没有评论:

发表评论