2013年5月8日星期三

Mother's Day


Date: 8th May 2013
Day: Wednesday
Time: 4:30 – 5:30pm
Class: Pomegranate
Teacher: Teacher Yeong

Mother’s Day Week

We revised all the vocabulary that we had learned today. Then we went into the discussion session about Mother’s Day. We went through the name of month from January to May. Then we also counted how many Sundays do we have in May. Mother’s Day will be celebrated on the 2nd Sunday of the month of May.

Teacher: Why are we celebrating Mother’s Day?
Kern Ee: My mother love me.
Jia Jia: My mother brings me to Tesco.
Jia Hoong: My mommy very like me.
Derek: My mother can sit the aeroplane. (Not sure why he said that but he just couldn’t clarify it.)
Zhen Yuan: My mother, he….(I just couldn’t figure out what did he try to tell us)
Kwan Ming. Mommy buys me toys.
Yi Han: My mother raised me up.
Phoeon: My mother buys me cake for my birthday. My mommy buy me food give me eat.
Wei Lok: My mother buy many toys for me. My mommy cooks many nice food for me to eat.

I think this is the impression that mother gives them. So I tried asking them again.
Teacher: Think again. Why are we celebrating Mother’s Day?
Yi Han: I know. We need to appreciate our mother. (She said that in Mandarin, I translated for her. But I brought this “appreciation” matters to discuss with the children again.)

Teacher: Why we should appreciate our mother?
Phoeon: My mother buys me things.
JiaJia My mother raised me up.
Wei Lok: My mother cooksmany nice things for me to eat.
Zhen Yuan: My mommy buysme a toy gun.
Kern Ee: My mommy heart gives me. I gives my heart to mommy. (Do you mean by my mommy loves me? He nodded.)
Jia Hoong: Because my mommy very like me. (I corrected his sentence to “My mommy likes me or My mommy likes me very much.)
Kwan Ming: I don’t know. (He just smiled.)

We also had a discussion of what to do for Mother’s Day. They all decided to make a card for their mother. So we had a practice of doing the origami heart shape. It’s a little difficult for new learners. But some of them can manage to catch the steps very fast. Quite a satisfying improvement in some of the kids. 

没有评论:

发表评论