2014年9月11日星期四

Pumpkin Dessert

Date: 30th August 2014
Day: Friday
Time: 3:00-4:00pm
Class: Pomegranate
Theme: Yummy Food
Teacher: Teacher Yeong

Pumpkin Dessert

I saw a pumpkin dessert recipe where the ingredients are quite easy. So I thought maybe I could introduce to the children. We shall try it out today. 

The ingredients for the pumpkin dessert are as followed:

1) 200g pumpkin (cut and steamed soft)
2) 100g glutinous rice flour
3) 2-3 tablespoon of sugar (it depends how sweet you preferred)
4) some oil for cooking

Looking at the recipe, I understand that the ratio of the pumpkin with the glutinous rice flour is 2:1. Therefore, after I have cut the pumpkin into small pieces, I weigh it first. It was about 700g. Therefore, I needed about 350g of glutinous rice flour. I steamed the pumpkin for about 15 minutes before taking it into the class. 

I thought I could get the children to roll the dough once I'm done with it. Unfortunately, mixing the pumpkin with the glutinous rice flour into a dry dough took quite some time. Finally, the children could only observed and couldn't lay their hand due to insufficient time. 

I rolled the dough in my hand, it was quite sticky but much better compared to the beginning. Yet, frying the dessert on the hot pan takes quite some time than expected. As a result, the children only get to see and wait for the dessert to be ready. 

I only cooked the dessert according to the numbers of children. The leftovers are kept in the refrigerator for future usage.

The children had the dessert as part of their snack time today. They feedback to me saying that the dessert is delicious. I'm glad to hear that. 

Note: The six years old children will switch to a brand new time table for September and October. They will be attending the pre-primary programme. Therefore, only the 5 years old children will continue to join the thematic class. Besides that, the English thematic class' schedule will be changed to 10:00-11:00am from September onwards. 


没有评论:

发表评论