2014年9月12日星期五

Pumpkin Sweet Dumpling

Date: 5th September 2014
Day: Friday
Time: 10:00-11:00am
Class: Pomegranate
Theme: Yummy Food
Teacher: Teacher Yeong

Pumpkin Sweet Dumpling

Today, I brought in the pumpkin dough. The children were quite excited and kept asking me what they are going to do with it. I said,"We shall make 'tang yuan'."All seems quite puzzled. Not very sure what exactly am I talking about. 

The dough was quite wet, therefore, I added in some more glutinous rice flour to make it dryer so that the children could roll them into small round balls. Once the children got their share of dough, they immediately started off by rolling it into small round balls. Then their memory recalled. They kept saying that they did this before and showing me the expression of how delicious it would be. Hahaha, the children are so cute. 






While waiting for the children to finish all the dough, I started to boil some water with ginger, sugar and some pandan leaves which I picked freshly from our school garden. 

Once the children had completed a small plate of round dough, I put all of it into the boiling water. The children kept commending that the dessert smells nice. 

When the sweet dumpling started to float, it means that it has cooked. I switched off the heat and let it get cold for a while before scooping them up to serve. 






The children enjoyed the pumpkin sweet dumpling. Some of them even asked for second round. 





没有评论:

发表评论