2014年9月1日星期一

Digging the Pumpkin Seeds

Date: 26th August 2014
Day: Tuesday
Time: 3:00-4:00pm      
Class: Pomegranate      
Theme: Yummy Food
Teacher: Teacher Yeong

Digging the Pumpkin Seeds

All the children were ready. I brought in some old newspaper, some bowls, a small knife and the pumpkin. The children observed the pumpkin and make some guesses about the numbers of pumpkin seeds in it. Some said 2 while some said 100.


Therefore, I placed the pumpkin on the floor. I tried by piercing the top of the pumpkin with the small knife, surprisingly it pierced through. Therefore, I tried to cut a small circle on the top of the pumpkin and it was successful. The children cheered.



Once I removed the top of the pumpkin, the children could see the seeds in it. They formed into small groups by themselves and tried to dig the pumpkin seeds with their bare hands onto the bowl. 






The pumpkin seeds are quite wet. We have to dry it under the sun tomorrow before continuing with any activities with those pumpkin seeds.

The children requested if they could observe and draw a picture of the pumpkin. I agreed and gave each of them a piece of paper. 

没有评论:

发表评论