2013年3月14日星期四

I know how to draw a Train


Date: 14th March 2013
Day: Thursday
Time: 4:30 – 5:30pm
Class: Pomegranate
Teacher: Teacher Yeong

Happy, Happy Transportation – Drawing of My Train

The children are very excited when comes to circle time today. Jun Qian brought a track racing toy to show the children of how to move the train by spinning the wheels at one end of the toy. Everyone started to talk about Thomas and friends. So today, we had a short discussion of where did the children go on a train.

Teacher: Did you travel to another city or country in a train?
Jun Qian: Yes, I go from one airport to another airport. We are going to Bali.
Phoeon: I sit in a train to go shopping.
Kern Ee: I shall sit in an aeroplane and boat when we go to Langkawi. (he didn’t mention anything about train. Anyhow, I ask him to take a picture of the boat and aeroplane if he goes to Langkawi again. )
Wei Ni: I have not been on a train.

Then I asked the children to observe the shape of the train. They are quite good in shapes as they said the front part of the train looks like a cylinder or a tube which is quite right. I hint to them and said if it looks like a rectangle. They nod their head. Then I drew a train on the white board. At the same time, I also invited some of the children to draw their train on the white board.

After that, I gave each a piece of paper to everyone. They observe the toy train to draw a picture of the train or by their imagination of a train. Then they should name their train. Most of them picked the names from the Thomas & friends series such as Thomas, Gordon etc.

These are some pictures that the children had drawn:
Derek: The name of the train is just like my name!

Wei Lok: See, there's other cars with my train. 

Zhen Yuan: I have no name for my train!




We need some rectangular boxes or egg carton (prefer plastic) to make the train art. Hopefully parents could help to collect such boxes for the children to bring to school by next week. 

没有评论:

发表评论