2013年3月21日星期四

Train Making - Part II


Date: 21st March 2013
Day: Thursday
Time: 4:30 – 5:30pm
Class: Pomegranate
Teacher: Teacher Yeong

Happy, Happy Transportation – Train Making (part II)

When I stepped into the class today, all the children complained that their train had fallen apart. It’s also our purpose of the class today to discuss other alternatives to put all the parts of the trains together and hopefully when they pushed it around the classroom, it won’t fall apart.

Teacher: What did you all use to stick the parts of the train together?
Children: Glue
Children: Sticky tape
Teacher: Did it stick?
Children: No.
Children: Use super glue.
Teacher: You have to be very careful with super glue. It might stick your finger together if you are careless.
Children: I know. I know. We can use the pipe cleaner.
Teacher: That’s a good idea. (I showed them a pipe cleaner.)
Teacher: But how can I use the pipe cleaner here.
Children: Make holes.
Teacher: What do you call that?
Children: Ehh…..super man hahaha (they started to talk about something else)
Teacher: It is called a puncher. (I showed them a hole puncher)

So I got the children to go back to their group and I go around from group to group to punch holes for them and demonstrate how to tie the pipe cleaner. Finally, the children’s train can move around without falling apart. They were very happy with it. 





没有评论:

发表评论