2016年4月21日星期四

Taste of the Day Activity: Day 4 - Sour Day

Date: 21st April 2016
Day: Thursday
Time: 4:00-5:30 pm
Class: Pomegranate
Theme: I Love Food
Teacher: Ms Yeong

Taste of the Day Activity: Day 4 - Sour Day

Today, we started off by sharing Si Ying's book - Hug Me. The children enjoyed the story.

After that, the children get ready for the activity today. They quickly put the sour food or item that they bring on the table.

Buah Mo Far Kor (a kind of salty-sweet preserved fruits): Si Ying (After the children tasted it, they find it kind of sour. It's fun to see their different facial expression when eating this.)

Huamei (preserved plum) : Zun Yu (I'm not sure if the children would like it, therefore, I picked 3 and cut it into smaller pieces for Zun Yu to pass it among his friends. Out of my surprise, the children like it. )

Homemade lemon juice with sugar and honey: Rachel (Rachel said that this was prepared by her grandmother. One of the bottles is honey with sugar while the other one is lemon with honey.)

Lemon : Suzanne & Yee Ern (The children said that they didn't want to eat the lemon just like that, therefore, I kept the lemon a side for other activity in the future.)

Tomato: Yee Ern (I sliced the tomato and surprisingly, the children like it very much and finished it within 3 minutes.)

Kiwi fruit: Lucas (I cut the kiwi fruit into smaller pieces which is easier for Lucas to share among his classmates. The children said that the kiwi fruit taste pretty sour.)

Carrot Enzyme: Jia Mao (At first when I opened the container that Jia Mao brought, all the children could smell the sour smell from it and refused to try it. However, Zi Yue came forward and sounded to me that she would like to give it a try. When the children notice that Zi Yue enjoyed the drink, they all came forward with a cup to taste it. Some even asked for more.)

Sour Plum Powder: Zi Yue (She insisted that I should put some in the plate for the children to try.)

Mango: Ms Yeong (I brought in a mango that I have left in the refrigerator for days as I find it pretty hard. Before I cut it, I'm not sure if the mango is ripe or raw. Fortunately, the flesh was hard on the outside but soft on the inside. However, it tastes pretty sour though! Yet, the children enjoyed and finished it!)










Reminder: Tomorrow would be "Bitter Day". It would be the last day for our Taste of the Day activity. I do hope those who hasn't bring anything could participate tomorrow.

没有评论:

发表评论