2016年4月24日星期日

Taste of the Day Activity : Day 5 - Bitter Day

Date: 22nd April 2016
Day: Friday
Time: 4:00-5:30 pm
Class: Pomegranate
Theme: I Love Food
Teacher: Ms Yeong

Taste of the Day Activity : Day 5 - Bitter Day

Rachel passed me a small tumbler of drink in the morning for me to put it into the refrigerator. I was wondering what other bitter food the children would bring for the activity this afternoon.

As I stepped into the class, most of the children shook their head when I asked for any food to share with the class. Suzanne happily took out a bitter gourd from her bag and Yee Ern brought a bottle of herbal tea to share with the class.




So today, we have 2 different kinds of drinks and a bitter gourd. What are we going to do with the bitter gourd? Leow Xun suggested that we could fry it with eggs. I think that would be a good idea. So I went to the kitchen to see if there are any eggs left. Fortunately, there were three. I just took one.

Quickly, I prepared all the necessary things to fry the bitter gourd with eggs. We only used half of the bitter gourd and an egg.

Here were some pictures taken for frying the bitter gourd with eggs:







At first, some of the children dare to try while some just look on. I encouraged them to take it with the eggs. After tasting it, most of them came back for more. Some even suggested that we shall fry the other half of the bitter gourd.

After tasting the bitter gourd, I get Yee Ern to share the herbal tea that she brought. On the other hand, Rachel finds it difficult to pour the coffee out from the tumbler that she brought, therefore, I have to help her to share the coffee.

Everyone enjoyed the "Bitter Day" today. I'm so happy and proud of them.

没有评论:

发表评论