2016年7月28日星期四

Discussion on Transport Noticeboard Project

Date: 28th July 2016
Day: Thursday
Time: 4:00-5:30 pm
Class: Pomegranate
Theme: I Love Stage Performance - Transportation
Teacher: Ms Yeong

Discussion on Transport Noticeboard Project

Today, I started off by asking the children if they could remember the verb that they heard from the song I played yesterday. Most of them could remember about "driving in my car", "chucking in my train" and not the other two.

Basically, the song introduced the following 4 actions for the vehicles:
- driving in my car
- rowing in my boat
- chucking in my train
- flying in my plane

Then, I suggested that we might be able to work on the blank notice board outside of the classroom and turned it into our transportation theme project. So I get the children to suggest any vehicles that they could put in it.

Leow Xun: car, boat, submarine
Mei Jia: bicycle, ship
Sueanne: bus, roller skate, yacht
Lucas: motorbike
Yun Cong: helicopter
Jia Mao: aeroplane
Rachel: plane
Lik Shin: rocket
Wei Xin: taxi
Thong Yu: bus
Zi Yue: lorry, train
Cheng Kai: aeroplane
Rachel: hot air balloon

Besides vehicles, some of them also suggested that we could add in house, buildings, people, animals, road, traffic lights, run, rainbow, cloud, tree etc into the picture.

Some of them might not be able to imagine what I really meant. Therefore, I showed them a sample from online and they started to understand and could be able to express more. I also brought them outside to look at the notice board. This even gave them a better idea of what we were talking about.

I also played them another song today.

Video: We All Go Traveling By (US)




没有评论:

发表评论