2016年7月13日星期三

Introduction to dinosaur

Date: 13th July 2016
Day: Wednesday
Time: 4:00-5:30 pm
(Snack Time: 4:00-4:30 pm)
Class: Pomegranate
Theme: I Love Stage Performance - Dinosaur
Teacher: Ms Yeong

Introduction to dinosaur

Yesterday, just before we called it a day, I gave each of them a piece of paper to draw them as a performer. They could either draw a performer or the stage. Many of them were not done completely, therefore, they make use of their snack time to complete their drawing.

Here were some drawings done by the kids:

















Dinosaur could be a heavy yet interesting topic for the kids. I didn't want to make it as though it's a tough topic to go through with the kids especially for those who are still in the process of picking up English.

Therefore, I just briefly introduced the dinosaur according to the period - Triassic, Jurassic and Cretaceous. I picked one dinosaur for each era.

We started off the by one that the children were familiar with - Tyrannosaurus. The children tried their best to tell me what they know about T-Rex before I read the description given in the book brought by Lik Shin.

Then, I picked another dinosaur from the Triassic period - Plateosaurus. The children were guessing its characteristic from the picture in the book.

Lastly, Lik Shin mentioned that there is this dinosaur that could shake the earth when it walked - it is Seismosaurus. The children could even tell me the reason why this dinosaur has long neck with long tail.

There were about 20 minutes before we called it a day, the children asked if they could draw the dinosaur on a piece of paper. Therefore, I gave each of them a piece of colour paper to draw the 3 dinosaurs that they learned today. However, most of them had not completed their drawing, we shall continue with it on the next day.




没有评论:

发表评论