2016年3月27日星期日

Games - Food Pyramid (part II)

Date: 24th March 2016
Day: Thursday
Time: 4:00-5:30 pm
Class: Pomegranate
Theme: I Love Food
Teacher: Ms Yeong

Games - Food Pyramid (part II)

The children were quite interested with the food pyramid game that we played yesterday. However, I upgraded the version today. The children learned the food chant some time ago, I wanted the children to try to make sentences as they mentioned the name of the food.

Before we start the game, I get the children to try to make some simple sentences:

The rhythm would be like this "Chicken, chicken, I like chicken."

Leow Xun: Chicken can walk.
Mei Jia: I like chicken.
Zi Yue: I eat chicken.
Rachel: I love chicken.
Mei Jia: I want chicken.
Rachel: Give me a chicken.
Leow Xun: I cook chicken.

Then, we tried "Cheese, cheese, I like cheese."

Leow Xun: Cheese are yellow
Sueanne: Cheese can eat.
Mei Jia: I want cheese.
Leow Xun: I eat cheese.
Rachel: I love cheese.
Sueanne: More cheese, please.
Leow Xun: Little cheese.
Leow Xun: Cheese are salty. (this was guided)
Rachel: Give me cheese.
Sueanne: Cheese are yummy.

So when we moved to our food pyramid block, the children needed to think of a food and then, they needed to sing out the chant such as "apple, apple, apple is red" before they jump to the respective space just like they did yesterday. We had this for 2 rounds before I played them the food chant again as I realized the children were out of words to make any creative sentences. Anyhow, I'm glad that some of them tried their best even though they made the same sentences as others.

没有评论:

发表评论