2016年3月17日星期四

Mulberry Tea Leaves Project (Part II)

Date: 17th March 2016
Day: Thursday
Time: 4:00-5:30 pm
Class: Pomegranate
Theme: I Love Food
Teacher: Ms Yeong

Mulberry Tea Leaves Project (Part II)

After the explanation that I gave yesterday, the children had some idea about the steps in making the mulberry tea leaves.

First, I brought the children into the garden to pick the leaves. I told them to pick those dark green leaves instead of the lighter green. Each of them could pick around 2 leaves. Looking at those amounts, I added in a few more leaves.











Then, we moved back indoor to wash the leaves. The children were divided into girls and boys. Each of them take turns and wash at least 2 pieces of leaf.



For those who had done the washing, they will help to cut the leaves into long shape. They needed to cut as thin as possible. However, some still needed some guidance and advise.







Once the children had done the washing and cutting, I prepared the water for steaming the leaves. We needed someone to count the time. Therefore, 10 children were volunteered to count 1-10 in English so that every round will equal to 100. As the fire on the stove was pretty low, the children counted for 3 rounds.



















After that, I removed the leaves from the stove and demonstrated to the children how they could roll the leaves. This process is to help to dry the moisture on the leaves and also to let me form a lengthy long shape.





After about 10 minutes, the children said they were done with the rolling. At that moment, I prepare the wok for frying. Those who dare to walk near to the hot wok only I allowed them to fry while those who were not dare will just watch from far.















It took us more than 15 minutes to fry those leaves until it is dry and crispy. However, after I have checked it, some of the leaves were still pretty moist. Therefore, after the children had left, I fry those leaves again for another 10 minutes before it was considered done.

This is was done earlier :


This is was done an extra 10 minutes of frying:



We shall have a tea party tomorrow.

没有评论:

发表评论