2016年3月6日星期日

Introduction to the Making of Doughnut

Date: 2nd March 2016
Day: Wednesday
Time: 4:00-5:30 pm
Class: Pomegranate
Theme: I Love Food
Teacher: Ms Yeong

Introduction to the Making of Doughnut

Earlier, the children mentioned that they wanted to try to make doughnut on their own. I'm interested in baking as well. Therefore, I prepared some books on doughnuts for the children to browse through. We went through briefly of the types of doughnuts that mentioned in the book - cake doughnuts, yeast doughnuts, baked doughnuts & french cruller. We can only choose one, therefore, we choose to make the yeast doughnuts.

I found a video that shows how to make doughnuts from the basic. As some of the steps I couldn't do it in front of them due to insufficient time, hopefully with the help of the video, the children could somehow have some idea about it.

Video: Homemade Doughnuts Recipe Demonstration - Joyofbaking.com

After watching the video, basically, the children could tell me some ingredients that we needed such as flour, sugar, butter, salt, eggs etc. I believe they are not that familiar with yeast. Tomorrow, we shall try to make some homemade doughnuts in the school.


没有评论:

发表评论