2016年3月6日星期日

Homemade Doughnuts

Date: 3rd March 2016
Day: Thursday
Time: 4:00-5:30 pm
Class: Pomegranate
Theme: I Love Food
Teacher: Ms Yeong

Homemade Doughnuts

In order to get the dough ready, I started the 1st process (1st fermentation) from 2:30 pm. Some children who were fast at tidying up their bed get to watch the process as I mixed the flour, water, sugar, salted butter, yeast and eggs to knead it into dough.



We left the dough to be fermented for about 1 hour. Therefore, we shall check on it around 4 pm later.


When we checked the dough at 4 pm, it looked fantastic! It was fermented  to the ideal condition that  we wanted!

When the dough is ready at 4 pm, I took it out and divided it into small portion of about 40 g each so that everyone could lay their hand by doing their own doughnuts. The children needed to roll the dough into a long shape before joining the two ends together.

Since there was some extra dough, I could guide the children by demonstrating it to a few groups before they could land their hand on the dough themselves. The children were happy when they realized that they could make a doughnut shape.

















The 2nd fermentation took about 30 minutes. I quickly prepared the stove and oil for frying the doughnuts. It took me about 15 minutes to get all the doughnuts to be fried. The children were excited to know that they could bring one doughnuts home for testing.




9.3.2016: Correction: I found the photos for homemade doughnuts making. Phew! Glad I found them!

没有评论:

发表评论